Sunday, February 13, 2011

What a difference a year makes!

Yesterday was Orin's 1st birthday. It is hard for me to believe that this time last year, suspicions that Orin had NDI were increasing rapidly, I was recovering from the best labour and delivery I could have imagined and Alexandre Bilodeau made Olympic history by winning the first medal of the 2010 games and the first gold won on home soil. It has been a wild ride since then and, now that I am back to work, Orin is in daycare and is gaining weight consistently and things just seem to be moving along smoothly, it feels like we may have emerged from the other side of the craziness.
I feel so very blessed for everything we have. Orin and I will be visiting the NICU after his monthly appointment at the hospital on Tuesday. In the meantime, here is the link to the photos from the birthday celebration yesterday. And here is the video montage of Orin's first year:

1 comment: