Saturday, May 15, 2010

A day in the life...

I kept meaning to post this, but kept forgetting. I was reminded/inspired by, my friend, Jenn's post on her blog today.
I have been asked often what I mean by "watering" Orin and how often I do and why do I look so damned tired *laugh* Let me run down what our day typically looks like:
2am - I wake up to run a bolus feed of water for Orin. I try to keep him sleeping for this one.
5am - Wake Orin to eat (if he hasn't already awoken) and run a bolus feed of water.
7am - Orin wakes to eat; I get Isabel up and ready if she is going to daycare
8am - Bolus feed of water for Orin
9am - Orin back down for a nap
**Izzy and I eat and watch CBC Kids cartoons while Orin naps; if she is at daycare, I eat and do laundry
10am - Orin wakes again; Izzy has a nap
11am - Orin eats
11am - Get Isabel's lunch together
12pm - Orin gets water; Isabel eats
12:30/1pm - Both kids go down for a nap....lately,this often takes work for both of them for some unknown reason
**While they nap, I eat, switch laundry, load dishes and catch a moment or two of TV/internet
1:30/2pm - Orin is back up and eats
2/2:30pm - Isabel is back up and Orin gets water
**If we are going to get out during the day, we try to do it now...sometimes we can get out in the morning, but mornings are pretty hairy. Isabel also has a snack during this period and if we don't go out, we go for a walk, play in the yard or on the floor. I also try to get more laundry done at this point.
4pm - Start working on supper
4:30pm - Orin loses his mind because he is hungry and starting to get really tired because he is not a fan of napping, so I strap him on in the Moby and dance around while working at supper and entertaining Isabel
5pm - Dave gets home and takes over supper/loading the dishwasher while I feed Orin
5:30pm - Water Orin/entertain Izzy
6pm - Eat supper
7pm - Bath time and bedtime routine for the babes (Isabel gets dressed, teeth brushed, reads books; Orin gets dressed, fed and has water)
8pm - Bed time
**We have a little time to relax after the babes go to bed, but I also spend this time folding laundry, tidying toys a little and sterilizing the equipment we use for Orin
11pm - Wake Orin to eat and do a bolus feed of water; go to bed

Here is a picture of the drying tray after a typical sterilizing run, which happens every two days typically:


I scoured YouTube for a video of a bolus feed using an NG tube, but couldn't find one. I may make one just to show folks what it looks like. He tolerates them well and it is working, which is all that matters to me :)

My dear sweet babies are flourishing and happy, so every day is worth it :) Here are some pictures to show them off:










No comments:

Post a Comment