Sunday, July 25, 2010

You want to hear about a crap week?

Well, let me tell you about it.
Isabel got really sick last Sunday (i.e. fever, vomiting) and wasn't well again until she woke up Wednesday morning, just in time for Orin to get sick. He and I ended up having to go to the hospital Thursday AND Friday mornings to get him checked out, but he held his own, thankfully. He was back to his chipper self Saturday morning. At 11am, I noticed my throat was sore and by 2pm, I had a fever of 103. I have been miserable since...my temp got so high last night that I was shivering, crying and begging DH to help me. It was a sad sight. I can't lift my baby or walk with him without fearing dropping him or falling.

Oh right...and because it seems like a fun thing to throw in the mix, Orin has decided he doesn't want to nurse anymore and behaves like a maniac when I try to feed him - screaming like I am tearing his arms off, flailing his arms and legs and throwing himself backward off my lap. I *think* it is related to his teething (cutting two teeth while one has a RIDICULOUSLY bad virus and is already miserable is a sensible thing to do right?), but I can't say for sure that it isn't bottle preference coming to the surface again (he is still taking his water from bottles happily). As a result of his not taking milk, he is not getting enough fluid and is, once again, at risk of seriously dehydrating. This means weighing him before and after he "eats" (note the quotation marks) and his diapers to make sure things are moving normally.

Oh and hey, because there isn't enough going on. Isabel has been an absolute monster today (more time outs today than last week in its entirety). And our cat, who is experiencing renal failure, has thrown up about 5 times today.

Here's hoping that things start settling soon because I can't take much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment