Saturday, January 1, 2011

More from the Creative Mind of an Unemployed Educator

Not for long, admittedly...I am back to work on January 31st, but until then, you lucky folks get to endure the absurd things that my mind puts out there.
Last night, we watched the first two episodes in a British mini-series called Misfits , which is about a group of young offenders who acquire super powers as result of being caught in a very curious storm.
This morning, at breakfast, my father-in-law handed me the pancakes in such a fashion that demonstrated his amazing thumb strength (his hand was upside down in comparison to how most of us would have picked it up, resulting in his thumb being on the bottom of the plate and taking the better part of the weight). When I commented on this, making light of it, the others chimed in with comments about his "super strength." This fleshed out in my mind to a "superpower." Not only are his thumbs superstrong, but they also summon people from miles around. People are uncontrollably drawn in his direction as soon as he sticks out his thumb in order to hitchhike. Really a very useful superpower....for a hobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment