Monday, January 31, 2011

Project 365 - January 30th & Catelogue of Izzy

This one needed its own post because there is a story that goes with it. As Isabel and I were driving to the grocery store, she piped up from the backseat:
Isabel: "I want to do elastics."
Me: "What honey?"
I: "I want to do elastics."
M: "I don't know what that means, hon."
I: "EEEEELASTICS! I want to do eeelastics. With the boy. The big boy."
M: (repeated what she said and looked in the rearview mirror to see her doing this...)

(I am completely boggled, so I repeat it again, at which time it dons on me what she is saying)
M: "WAIT! Are you saying you want to do GYMNASTICS?"
I: "Yeah!! Elastics! With the big boy!"
(I start laughing. The hand gesture is her trying to gesture "big" and by "big boy" she means the male coach who was instructing them at the school's field trip to gymnastics on Thursday.)

For the nervous nellies out there, I asked her to do the hand gesture again for me once we'd stopped in the parking lot...she is not riding around Fredericton without a seatbelt on.

1 comment: